Thursday, August 27, 2009

Discussion Leaders for Week 1

Not sure who the discussion leaders are this week (Ashley, I think I remember you telling me you were one of them), but I just finished reading the 'Positive Constructs of Public Opinion' article. Towards the end of the article, the author discusses disruptive effects of thought. Malcolm Gladwell goes into detail about this in his book Blink (even discussing the strawberry jam and dating partners examples that were mentioned in the reading). If you'd like, I have the audiobook and can give you the cd that talks specifically about those experiments...it's actually pretty interesting!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Laura, I would love to take a listen to the cd, or even better- if you have a portion that is uber-interesting, bring it to class and we will play it for everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we post the discussion leader sign up?

    ReplyDelete